Friday, January 15, 2010

What I Learned From My Dog


My dog trusts in me. Of course he doesn't have any choice. He depends on me for everything. If I were an abusive or irresponsible master, he would have a miserable life or no life at all. But he has a good life because I protect him and care for him and provide for all of his needs. And he trusts me completely.

This is more than believing in me or believing that I exist. Of course he knows that I exist, but that's not the point. He has complete faith in me. He usually comes to me when I call him, although sometimes reluctantly. He doesn't always obey me, but he seems to want to please me and gain my approval. He seems to like to be near me. He follows me around the house. His favorite place to sleep is on my clothes. I think that is because my clothes are full of my scent, and he likes to surround himself in my aroma. (Crazy dog!)

I love him. This is not because he is good. He isn't always good. He is often disobedient. I love him because he has complete faith in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment